Monday, November 30, 2015

Weekly Update 11/30/2015



Clear the Splash Zone! #baptism


                             So Elder Egan and I had a killer week! Full of fun times and miracles. The biggest miracle of course another baptism! Our area is rocking right now and we are very excited about
it! The nice thing is that there is quality and quantity. Which is the cool part! Also Thanksgiving took place this last week and that was a lot of fun! So I have plenty to talk about this week, hopefully
it's not boring!

                            So on Tuesday I had the privilege to go on an exchange with Elder Ashworth! He is one of the Assistants to the President! As zone leaders we get to go on exchanges with them once a
transfer! We had a great day and I learned a lot from this guy! I have gone on an exchange with him once before and it really helped change my mission! Now this time around it was kinda the same. But he taught me different leadership skills, and tips he's learned from his time as a leader in the FOM. I'm excited to help my zone improve now! Elder Ashworth is from Alpine and attended Lone Peak. So we also knew a lot of the same people from back home. So we talked about that! We had fun
and I got to see a couple of my converts from my first area! So that was excellent!

                           So funny story time! So on thanksgiving we were with a bunch of different members at one members house! One of them there was a recent convert named Jackie! She is awesome! She's an older lady that we work with and she's just super genuine! We always have a good time! Plus she's just loves helping us out! So she was stalking my old Instagram. She's looking, and suddenly she says "Word of Wisdom you've changed a lot!" And I look at the picture and it's of Will Smith... HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA it was really funny. I'm pretty sure she was messing around, or at least I hope she was.. Haha but it was pretty funny! The picture was of a Will Smith quote I put on my insta
forever ago.. So yep.

                           So for Thanksgiving itself we had 3 dinners. One at 12, one at 1:30, and one at 5. They were all pretty good! The last one was at Deaf Richards place, so we didn't really know what to expect going into it! Haha But surprisingly the food was pretty good! I guess he can cook with out hearing! Haha Nevertheless I am pretty sick of turkey and stuff.

                          So best part of the week was Doug's baptism. It was great! We've been teaching him now for about 4 weeks. We were freaking pumped when we picked him up! He's the man! He progressed very fast and just had a hunger to learn about the restored gospel! Yesterday he was officially baptized! It was a great service probably one of the best I've had! The spirit that is felt at one of these services transcends everything. For a moment heaven is felt for all who are present! The significance of it is felt because at that moment a Child of God entered into a covenant that would enable him to return to live in heaven. Quite spectacular, and it makes everything else worth it. All the pain, sadness, and stress, and long days! It's all for this one cause, this climax. I'm grateful for the opportunity to serve here in Florida, and to truly change people's lives.

                          Well that was my week in a nut shell! Pretty happy with it! Haha In other news when I was on the exchange with Elder Ashworth they had a Bench Press. So I wanted to check to see how
many times I can bench 225. Like they do in he NFL combine. Well I got 20, so I was pretty stoked about that! #Meathead. #StillStrongerThanWill #DonkeyBrolic anyways! Well that was my week! I had an outstanding one! I hope it was the same for you all back home! I've been praying for you! Let me finish with saying that I know that this church is true! I've lived it, and through that I've come to know its true. Just as Christ says in John 7:17. This is the only true and living church upon the face of the earth! And I say that as boldly and as plainly as I possibly can. I know it, and I know that God knows it. I hope you all have a spectacular week this coming week! LOVES!!!


Love, Elder Carter Crismon



This was a picture that Sally sent to us when Carter was on exchanges this past week. She is one of Carter's former converts and always thinks to send us a picture! Thanks Sally!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment