Monday, August 15, 2016

LAST email home!! 08/15/2016



Dear family & Friends,

I seriously can't believe this is it. In the words of the Book of Mormon prophet Jacob its "...passed away like as it were unto [me] a dream...". My mission has been thee best thing I have ever done. It's
hard to describe the tender feelings I have right now. I don't think any words I have could in any way describe it. It's one of those things that you have to experience your self. To close I have but a
few words to speak.

First this week has been thee most effective week of my mission. We taught more lessons then I ever have by a large margin. Maybe even set a record somewhere. We had a brilliant stake conference where I got to listen to a general authority seventy speak, Elder Schwetizer. We had a zone training meeting where I gave my last training. I went hard his week and truly left nothing on the field as they say. I got to go the house of the Lord and escape the world for a few hours with the rest of my departing group. The peace I felt there was transcendent. We found five of the most solid people I've ever met this week and set them on baptismal date, and with Gods help they will be baptized with
in the coming weeks. God has also blessed me with the opportunity to serve along side Elder Egan again, and boy did we go HAM. We gave it everything we had and then some. The big three Elder Dickson, Elder Egan and I went hard. It was the best 14 days of my mission. Or at least pretty close to that! I finished strong and gave it everything those last precious few hours.

In the somber words of the apostle Paul I conclude. "For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the
faith:..." Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine the depth of an impact my mission would have on me. I did the best I could, and I did with Gods help I converted people, But my most prized convert is
myself. Through diligence, obedience, hope, and faith. God has molded me into a brand new person. Both physically and spiritually. I'm not 100% converted and in fact am far from it, But it's a start. It's all thanks to him, the one we call good, councilor, the mighty God, and prince of peace. I know that he Lives. For the last 23 or so months I've been privileged to wear his name on my chest, and to testify of him. I love him, and I love this church. His name is Jesus The Christ, the anointed savior. Who suffered and died for us all that we may be set free. This is his church, led by his prophet.

I thank Heavenly Father for being merciful enough for allowing me to take part in such a wonderful work. My deepest desire is to stay longer, but it's not his will. In the words of Elder Jeffery R Holland
"Having put [My] hand to the plow, [I] Will never look back. Until this work is finished, and the love of God and neighbor rules the world." This is my humble witness. Thank you all for your continued
support, example, and love. I will forever be grateful! Until we meet again!

HORRAH FOR ISREAL!!! #TurnUp

Love, Elder Carter S Crismon
Florida Orlando Mission
Sep 2014 - Aug 2016

For those of you who can go... Here's the address for my chapel and
the time of my homecoming...
11164 Londonderry Drive (1520 East)
Sandy, Utah 84092 @ 11AM

 me and Elder Dickson
 My "funeral" Hahaha
 Me and Elder Johnson
 At the temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment