Monday, August 31, 2015

Weekly Update 8/31/2015



WELCOME TO DAYTONA

             Another week down. It's crazy just how fast time is flying by. Well for those of you who haven't found out I got transferred from my old area in Buena Vista. I also got called up to be a zone leader. Which is a very cool opportunity!! How exciting, but also nerve racking! So my new area is.... DAYTONA BEACH!!!! WAHOOOOOOOO!! Within my area is the Daytona speedway, and the beach. My new companion is Elder Brock Doman. He actually was supposed to go to Alta, but he and his family moved down to St. George! Well nevertheless we are already best buds! We've stayed up every night we've been together till like 1 talking about life! We are a lot alike in a good way. It's a serious blessing! I've been waiting for this day to have one of those companions that you just love. He's gonna go play football at Dixie State when he's done with the mish! He thinks I should go down there and walk on and play as well! But I'll pray about it! ;)

             So one of the most famous men in the mission is a guy named Grandpa. He is 85 and still kicking. There is actually a missionary song about this guy! He's crazy, but we love him! We actually have permission from President Berry to eat with him more than twice a month. He actually calls us every morning asking us if we are getting fed! Haha He has fed us three times, and bought us ties twice I've been here! Haha He's seriously the coolest guy! The first time he answered the door when I was there, he answered the door with an air soft gun! But that thing looked like a real gun! Hahaha He's a great guy. It's really been a good time to get to know him. He calls President about every 3 weeks or so telling him not to transfer the Elders there. Haha He's the man and I'm sure I'll be telling stories about him the whole time I'm here. 

             So the other night Elder Doman and I went on a little adventure. You see as zone leaders we have to make sure everyone is in and safe by 9:30- hopefully. But as occasion goes it doesn't always happen. So this Saturday night was long. There was a pretty big lightning storm approaching. It was just after a stake conference that ended at about 9pm that everyone started to make their way home. So we made it home and had heard that all but three companionships had made it in. So we started to call, and text and try to get a hold of these three companionships. Well we are supposed to be in bed by 10:30 and as 10:30 rolled around we still hadn't heard anything from them! So we have to basically go and find them. Well two of the mission companionships live literally at the very top of the mission. About an hour drive from us. We had to call President Berry and consult with him our options. After a few minutes we decided to sit and wait. So finally we heard from one that they were safe. Then after about 11:15 heard from the others. Like holy cow I wanted to shoot someone. I was mucho tired and needed some sleep. I guess the Lord had different plans. Elder Doman and I had a great bonding experience though! The next day we rebuked the whole zone and told them to cut that crap real fast. I guess it had been a problem last transfer as well! 

           So the area that I'm in is actually a great area. The nice thing is that there has always been good missionaries in this area. So we just have to pick up where they left off. That's what we are doing. The best way to lead is by example! Another cool thing is on Thursdays we play basketball with the elders quorum! It's a blast, and it's kinda like night games! Doman is a baller, and well so am I.... Just kidding, I suck. Our area is doing great so we have that down. The Zone that I'm in charge of is called the Deland zone. And together Elder Doman and I lead it! It's way fun! The zone covers an entire stake, the Deland steak! The stake is about the size of the salt lake valley. It's huge. To get from one end to the other it takes about 1:30 minutes. We are up in the north east part of our mission! So wahoooooooooo!!!!! Our plan for getting the zone going is called "You VS Yesterday" our focus is just getting better day by day and becoming converted to the work. Then as that happens the areas will soar. 

            So as many of you probably heard there was a hurricane named Erika out there for a little while. We actually were in its path. But now the thing is dead. Haha LOL. But apparently it's gonna hit us tonight just as a tropical storm. Nothing to crazy! I do hope it gets a little crazy! Haha 

           Well I'm excited for this transfer. It's gonna be a lot of fun! I already love being a zone leader, it's full of responsibility and requires effort! But Elder Doman and I are gonna kill it! We are just super pumped, we really feel that we can do some great things! I truly believe we will. We just have to get our zone to get pumped about the work. As of right now, every companionship is content, and has no passion for this work. When we are done that will be long gone. Elder Doman are I are not of complacent companionships! It's gotta end! Time is too short, so we will be pushing a little harder this week! Wish us luck, and please pray for the Deland Zone! Well thank you for all of your support! It really means the world to me! I wish you all the best of luck this week! I'll be praying for you all! I miss and love you all dearly! I would just like to say that this church is true! There is no doubt in my mind. The work is rolling forward, I'm just so very grateful that I have the chance to be a part of it all! This is the truth, and the only true and living church upon the face of the earth. 

Love, Elder Crismon 

Carter and Elder Doman

A quick shot of part of the Daytona Speedway as they drove by
Another fun one of Carter & Brock on their P-Day! :) They almost look like brothers!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment