Monday, August 10, 2015

Weekly Update 8/10/15



WEEKLY ROUNDUP WAHOOOOOOO


          Ahhhhh so this week was an interesting one. It actually was probably one of the toughest ones I've had in a while. Our area was just struggling. The Lord saw fit to humble me! Haha I mean we did good, but I would like greatness. Can't settle these days. The Lord also expects greatness, so when we don't achieve, I feel I've failed. But that's alright. Another day another dollar! I think my Dad told me that you have to have the bad ones to appreciate the good ones!!! Wahoooooo so on to the next! But I still had some really cool experiences! So here we go...

        The first thing I'll mention is our amazing investigator Lexsy! She is a modern day miracle. The kinda stuff that you just read about in general authorities books. Hahaha she literally just came out of the wood work, and has been progressing faster then any other investigator that I have seen or taught! The best part is we don't push. We just help her to prepare for baptism the 23rd! Which is going to happen! We met with her twice this week, and both times she expressed to us the love she has for the church. And the love she has for us, the elders! The relationship between missionaries and their Investigators/ recent converts is a special one. It's the kinda love that Christ had for us when he performed the atonement. Or in other words charity! We just love her like a sibling! Elder Hoskin and I are blessed to have been allowed to teach her. She's just super ready. When we talked about her in ward council the bishop already thought she was a member! Hahaha #mypoint Hahahaha really she is the shining light in our area right now! Along with a couple other choice people! 

      So a cool experience that I had this week was on Sunday! A companionship in my district was struggling, just very stressed and sad! They needed some help! So they told me they were fasting, so I decided to fast with them! Now up to this point I have never really had a testimony of the fast. They only thing I felt was hunger. Hahah but this was one of the coolest things that has ever happened to me! So as I fasted I felt really good. I myself was very stressed. Being where I am I just had a lot of things on my mind. And it was starting to wear on me. Well as I fasted these feelings melted away, and I felt peace. Ideas came to me, and I figured some things out! The coolest part is, that I felt Gods love for the sisters that invited me to fast with them. They are having a hard time, and I just felt charity towards them! And I had a renewed sense of commitment to helping them! It was AMAZING!! Plus my patience went soaring through the roof! The best part of all of this is that I am stress free, and built my testimony! The church is true, and it's just great!!! Wahooooooo

     At night games we had a great time! Probably the best night games we've had in a little! We played some good ol volleyball!! Our investigator named Vaughn was there, and he's a great athlete! He's actually gonna go into the military. But we had such a good time! Everyone there just had fun! Plus our awesome ward mission leader was there and he played like a boss! Hahaha He's just a funny dude! We call him Dan the man! Haha so guess what mom! I'm actually kinda good at volleyball now! Hahaha I'm thinking about joining the national team. Hahaha 

     Well cool miracles are happening here in Buena Vista! Like one of awesome gators named Vaughn is really starting to progress. We met with him and this woman named sister young! She's awesome and has kinda the same background as Vaughn! She was really able to help him, and answer a couple of his questions, so I was really happy with that! Hopefully we'll be able to set a baptismal date with him here real soon! He's a good man! He's the guy that just loves BYU!! Hahaha love that kid. 

    Well I'm pretty happy with where I am right now. It hit me last night just how happy I am. God has truly blessed me with some awesome things! I just couldn't help but thank him! Thanks be to God for everything that I have been blessed with! I want to thank all of you for your continual support of me and my accomplishments! Today is officially my 11 month mark. #allmostatthehump hahaha It's cool to reflect on the things I've learned and the man I've become! Heavenly Father is shaping me into something finally! Haha But most of all thanks be to God for the matchless gift of his divine son, Jesus the Christ. Through him we can be happy and become something greater then we can comprehend!! This is the testimony that burns within me. I will be praying for all of you out there! I hope you all have a great week! I would ask that you would pray that Elder Hoskin and I can find some awesome investigators! Thank you for all you do! Wahooooo hurrah for Israel!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Crismon 

#notoriouslyskinny 

No comments:

Post a Comment