Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekly Update 8/3/2015



WE B DUNKIN'

          What an absolutely amazing week. Probably the best week of my mission thus far. I had way too much fun and the best part with all of that fun is we got a ton of missionary work done. Really that's the key to making the mission the best it can be! Balancing fun and going hard in the paint with work! But I've noticed, at least in my case, is that I have the most fun when the work is rolling forward! This week we took another huge step in the right direction with the culmination being Scott's baptism! So I guess I'll just go for it!

          Well to kick this thang off I'll start with a miracle. So on Thursday night we had a lesson planned with a girl named Lexy. She is the girlfriend of a member in our ward. We had met with her once before and she was super solid and we were pumped! Well the temple is within our area so we went to the temple for the lesson. We actually got to sit in the non-patron area during the actual lesson. Well here's the miracle. I guess her boyfriend Tanner had been teaching her about the church for the previous two to three months! So she is prepared. Well during the lesson she opened up her heart to us and told us that she has felt more peace in her life going to church with us then ever before. And that she has received an answer to each of her prayers involving our church! It was amazing and the spirit was ridiculously strong. I've only felt it that strong a couple times before. By the end we all were almost in tears and we committed her to a baptismal date three weeks in advance! On the 23rd of August! We are so excited! We can't wait. She is amazing, and the Lord provided one of the biggest miracles I've ever seen. Once we got in the car Elder Hoskin and I literally were screaming with joy!

        So the funniest thing that happened this week on Thursday I had another sleep-over... Hahaha Elders Scott and Doman. For those of you who may remember Elder Doman used to live in Alta boundaries! His name is Brock Doman. He moved to St. George! Well he's a boss. And I love Elder Scott! He was my Zone leader then he got transferred! So I was super pumped to have them come over. The reason they were doing so is because on Thursday they had a meeting and the next morning they had their temple session! They usually live about 1 and a half hours away! So they wanted to save miles and president approved it! So they came over and we had a great time! Then the next day we went to Buffalo Wild Wings!!!!! WAHOOOOOO got our selves some real good chicken and partied! Haha We had a great time and I was very grateful they got to stay. A real tender mercy from the Lord to me! Cause I love those guys! Elder Doman almost convinced me to go walk-on at Dixie State and play ball there, but we'll see;) 

        So super nerve-racking thing happened this week! On Wednesday President Berry called us and requested to talk with Scott! He wanted to make sure that he was good! This dude is a little infamous. Hahaha But he really has changed his heart. Which is what the gospel does. There's a quote in Preach My Gospel "True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior. The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."-Boyd K. Packer! So that was what happened with Scott. But I was still a little nervous about this interview. Well Thursday rolled around, and well after 55 long, stressful, nerve racking minutes, We found out that Scott nailed it! And that president was excited for him! Wahooooooooooo good stuff! Plus afterwards president Berry told me that I looked slimmer, which about made me cry! And motivated me more to just keep on loosing weight! 

         So I guess to the part that is the most amazing. WE HAD A BAPTISM!!!! Wahooo That's right Mom I did it. Again. It was a great one too. Scott is a good man and I've loved teaching him. I actually had the privilege and honor of being the one who actually baptized him. The spirit was very strong. Just a confirming witness to me that all of this stuff that we believe is true. It's been quite the journey for Scott, but it's culminated in a great experience for all who went to his baptism. He said in his final words "If you'd have told me that I would be speaking at a Mormon baptism, let alone I'm the one being baptized, I'd have thought that you were nuts. But I'm here and it's true!" Haha He's a great guy and just his testimony really strengthens mine. I'm grateful I was just there to help! A year ago he was an atheist. Now he's not. 

        So funny story, post the baptism I noticed that I had forgotten another shirt. Hahaha So I had to wear a wet shirt for the rest of the night. Luckily I wasn't the one who was fully submerged, but I was still pretty wet. Haha so I just wore my suit coat for a little bit... Hahaha Anything for salvation! 

       So that was my week in a nutshell, or two. It's a little long. But I don't think people mind. Haha or maybe they do. If yah do just tell me. I hope you all have a great week! I also hope that you have enjoyed reading my nice long email! I know that this church is true! And I love it! Wahoooooooo and have a great week!!!!!

Love, Elder Crismon!

 Carter and Scott at the baptism
 The sleepover crew at Buffalo Wild Wings!

No comments:

Post a Comment