Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Email Home January 12, 2015



The weekly update. 
So I'm gonna try this thing! So after everyday I'm gonna take notes on the day, then copy and paste to the email! Let me know what you think! 

Monday 1/5/15- so after we emailed, we got some groceries! Then we went to Bro Johnson's house! He's awesome! He's from Payson Utah! And he's who's house we Skype at! We played this game called settlers of Catan. It's weird, but fun! Then after we went to Sister Colvin's house and had some Panda Express... Gotta love dat. Shared a quick message, and yeah. Then I had to "drop da kids off at the pool" so we went to the local shell gas station. After words we went and taught these two great guys! We taught the restoration, and they LOVED it! We gave them a Book of Mormon, and they gave us hugs cause they were pumped! It was great!! Then we went home and partied. By that I mean we broke out the cookies and orange juice, turned on some reggae we found and planned. #bangbang #donkeybrolic

Tuesday 1/6/15- today was lots of fun! So we did our usual studies from 8-11. During that time we got a call from the district leader Elder Davis, he assigned me to give a training tomorrow in district meeting! So that's cool! Then we went and did IP, which is internet Proselyting. I got okayed from the ZL's to go ahead and ad friends! So if you haven't yet, I need yah to delete that Facebook! Anyways met an interesting guy there, some black dude, who told me I shouldn't be there, and that I should go play for BYU! Haha he said "maybe they'll play better!" It was funny! Then we went to this jewelry store, so Elder Willard could get his girlfriend something! Lol... The store is owned by the relief society prez. So we got a list of less active peeps to go see! We saw a couple of them, then we went to a sisters house (trailer)... We shared a quick scripture with her! Then we had a dinner appointment with the Smiths! They served us spaghetti. Which I've had four times since I've been here! It was alright! Then we shared a quick message with them! After that grand old time, we went to brothers house who's a great guy! And we taught his kids! Cause they don't really know why they got baptized... Haha that was fun! Then after we just went home! And yeah... Turtles. Also sent off y'all's, CHRISTMAS package.... Freakin tortugas...

Wednesday 1/7/15- today was a good day! We had district meeting today, which is when we get together as a district and LEARN. I had to give the training! My very first solo training! And of course the zone leaders were there.... Haha apparently it was a killer training! I was happy! Everyone said I did a great job! The zone leaders were pumped! Any who! After that we went back home got some lunch, and visited some peeps we were assigned to go see! That took probably 3 1/2 hours! That was a party! Then we had dinner, and went to teach some guys! That fell through, so Rob the guy who was with us, said "let's go to B's" which was great cause we had a good lesson with her, and helped her move heavy stufffff.... Which is a partaaaa. Haha I always end up getting asked to move things! It's great! It was a good day, me and Elder Willard are really struggling to get along. We are just different, and he's honestly kinda rude in my opinion. He's also very confident. So he comes across as prideful, but he's just trying too hard. It's rough. Probs the toughest thing on my mission to this point. So pray for me! Hopefully he warms up, cause I'm seriously sick of this crap! I could punch him!! LoL.... Question Wednesday "If you could wear one shirt for the rest of your life what would it be?" I'll answer on Sunday!;) 
#wherethecrapiskelly #stillcantfindher #gotdandruff 

Thursday 1/8/15- today was tons of fun! So we first woke up and did our usual studies!! First the personal, then the companionship, then twelve weeks. So during the twelve weeks, Elder Willard and I talked out all of our differences! We talked about a lot of stuff, but it was good talk. We resolved our differences, and agreed to keep on truckin'! We aren't the best of friends, and our relationship isn't perfect, but it's a ton better! So after that we had to go to Walmart because we neglected to get water! So we did that, and afterwords we did some IP! That was way fun, because now that I can add friends on Facebook I can message people back in Hunters Creek! (do not add me on Facebook, unless you are a non-member and really wanting to learn about the gospel! Not my rules just the mission presidents! Sorry!) so "S" already messaged me and it was great! Then after that we went to a less actives house, and talked for a while and shared a message! Then we helped Rob lay sod. Okay so that freaking sucks! I am now motivated to get a great job! But yeah we laid two and half pallets of sod in 2 hours! Gosh that was a party! Then after that we had dinner with the Manual's. We went to woody's barbecue! Hahaha they are soooooooooo funny! Although the food wasn't as good R and R! Haha Yah they are an old couple that work for NASA! Gosh they make me laugh! On the T.V. was ESPN, and they were talking about the ducks! I saw some of the TD's from the rose bowl, gosh I'm so sad I missed it! It looked like they just destroyed Florida state! Hahaha Oh well!! After that we taught Marisa! She's great! Yeah a good day! Love you guys!!

Friday 1/9/15- TEMPLE TRIP!!!!!!!!!! Greatest day ever! Gosh the Orlando temple is beautiful! It is a really nice temple! The celestial room is so white, and perfect, and just great, grand, wonderful! It was so nice to get away and feel the spirit soooo strong!! Gosh I love the temple so much! Especially since I've been on the mish and been able to learn and grow! Any ways we had to get up at 4:45 to go there, cause the session was at 7:30 and its an hour and a half drive, goodness...... Any ways after that we just got some lunch with Brother Johnson, and went home to plan! That was fun! We had dinner with the Chavez family! They are crazy..... Hahaha any ways I'm super tired! So I'm gonna go to bed! Love you all..... Squartles.  Also "S" and her family are getting baptized a week from Saturday!! YAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy! They are the best! #thechurchistruethebookisblue #5baptisms #boywonder #humility #ILoveBeingAMissonary 

Saturday 1/10/15- today was a great day! So first we did our usual studies! But during personal study, I had an ah-ha moment and I'm confident it was revelation! So I had the idea to create a questions book, and in it I'm going to write from here on out every question that is asked of me and my comp in it! It's gonna be freakin' awesome! Any ways after that we visited a less active family! We only really talked to the mother, but boy she has some attractive daughters.... #lockupyourheart Anyways she's very nice, and we had a good chat! She agreed to let us come back! Which is great! After that we had Brother Hall (great guy) pick us up and we had some pizza at his place and talked about conspiracy theories.... Lol. Then we went to stake conference! That was AMAZINGLY GREAT!!! A guy by the name of Elder Zuick of the first quorum of the seventies was there, it was so cool! He told us some cool stuff! One story that he shared was amazing! So he said that he was In a lunch room, with Elder L Tom Perry, of the quorum of the twelve. He asked him about how the trip to the Vatican was with president Eyring.(the trip was to represent us at the marriage conference to discuss gay and lesbian marriage, and the Vatican hosted it. A rep, from every major Christian church was there.) He said when they arrived the Pope welcomed them, and he asked them "How do you guys (mormons) get so much stuff done?" Elder Perry said that it was the biggest compliment he's gotten there, since he's represented us there before! Elder Zuick said that it was just evidence that we have the Preisthood authority of God. I got to shake his hand afterwords! Great day! Then we just went on home! Most of the day was at stake conference but it was way cool!! 
Mucho loveo #AOH #nowersemailedme #mademylife #shesmyfav #turtles 

Sunday 1/11/15- so today was good, we went to stake conference! Again Elder Zuick delivered a beautiful talk! Actually him and his wife did! I took some cool notes, and really tried my best to learn from them! His talk was on how we really know the Savior! It was killer! Loved it! Then after we went home and had some lunch, and then got to work. We taught a less active, received two referrals, contracted them, taught them, and set up a new appointment with them. Then we also taught another lesson! For a grand total of three lessons, two new investigators, and three new appointments, all done in three hours. #bangbang We went hard! I was pumped! Great stuff! The Lord blesses us when we most need it! Then we went to the Johnson's house, and then taught "R's" children who don't know anything about the gospel.... Hahaha our numbers this week looked really good, which reflects well on me as the senior comp. It's not about the numbers, but with them they can make sure we are working, and it's motivates and accelerates the work! We had a good week! One with a lot of downs and not to many ups. Luckily with lots of faith and diligence we pulled through! Looking forward to that package! Love you guys! 

Weekly tender mercy: Danielle Nower's email on Saturday, really helped so much! And the good numbers!   

No comments:

Post a Comment