Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Weekly Update 3/28/16



Weekly update... #5

Well what a week.

                                     So to start it off we had a good week. Really some cool miracles transpired this week. We were pretty happy. The only damper put upon this week was some news that we
received via email on Saturday. It's transfers on Tuesday and I found out that I am getting transferred. What depressing news. I am so full of different emotions when thinking about this prospect. At first I
was pretty angry, I love Longwood. I felt like I was gonna stay again. The place I am heading to is Eustis. Out in the boonies of Florida. Not sure how I feel about that! I'm pretty sad about leaving Elder Thornock. My new companions name is Elder Holloway. He's a good guy! It should be an interesting transfer, considering the zone has been struggling a little bit. It's gonna be an uphill battle going into these final 5 months. So please pray for me as I go into the final stretch of me mission! Turn up! Wahoooo!

                                    Well it's time to tell the story. The story of the week... Well a couple of missionaries in the area, including us, have been doing some service lately. The church is really
pushing missionaries to do more service... go figure. Any Jew, we found a place called the mustard seed. Sounded pretty chill, so Elder Thronock and I got in contact with them three weeks ago to set stuff up. As it turns out this place is wild. So we get there and were like what are we gonna do for yah. And they are like "Tear apart mattresses!" We was like WHUT? So for four hours every Tuesday we be out there in the hot sun with knifes and gloves tearing apart mattresses! It's freaking hard too! They want the foam and the metal spring so they can scrap it and get money and they actually make some good money too. Plus we're just free labor. All of the money and stuff goes to helping families who are poverty stricken to have furniture. It's actually very cool. So the service we render goes a long way, but still it's wild. Plus they are playing hood music and there is ratchet people who work there too. The one guy who was helping us just got out of jail. Hahaha! He's a great guy though so no worries. I love it!

                                  Once again we taught a lot of people. With this week being Easter we were pretty excited going into it. The zone last week did amazing. Really only two things we need to
focus on. This week we felt like the issues we needed to focus on would work themselves out. Which they did! As for our area we had a good week. Sadly, and to our surprise, no one came to church. We
probably had 5 people lined up to come and nope. They all bailed on us, pretty sad. I was not a happy camper! That added on top that I was getting transferred. Either way it was still a good Easter service.
There was a cool violin rendition of I know my redeemer lives. Some good talks and all that jazz. Good day. It's weird holidays seem to come and go on the mission field. Easter just seemed like another day in the mission field! Kinda sucks but what do yah do. I love being a missionary. It's very fun and even more rewarding.

                                  Well really that's about all I have to talk about this week. Nothing really out of the ordinary happened. Just another week down here in Longwood. I also can't recall any funny
stories from the week either. Kinda sucks I'll keep trying though! My time in Longwood has been cut a little short. To be completely honest I thought for sure I would stay another transfer. But I guess there was something else in the cards. This has been an awesome three months. I learned a lot, but I think I know why the Lord sent me here in the first place. I had to learn to rely on HIS strength and not mine. I lived the Proverb "Trust In lord with all thine Heart, and lean not unto thy own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct thy paths." It's so interesting to me that on the weeks when I tired particularly harder to perform things went bad. But the weeks I made it a point to involve God more in my every day activities that's when I saw miracles. This area is tuff, but with Gods help we made it happen.

                                  As well as learning that, I learned more how to be a leader. Also how to work smarter, not necessarily harder. Lots to learn since I'm pretty far from perfect. I'm nervous, and sad, and excited to see what God has in store for this feller in the coming months. Seriously who knows! I'm not sure what's gonna go down. It'll be pretty cool I imagine. I mean I'm going out to the land
of the cows, and I'll have a house. No weights though, so that sucks. Oh well, I'll just have to get creative. I hope y'all have an amazing week this week. It should be a good time for me. We have MLC, so in the midst of the tuff transfer I'll get to see some good friends there. There is a God, he knows us and more importantly loves us. Jesus Christ is a real being, who two thousand years ago came here to atone for the sons of mankind. I've decided that as tough as it is to say goodbye, heaven will be that much sweeter because of it. It's just more motivation to get there. In a world more increasingly chaotic, and tumultuous the Church and the gospel of Jesus Christ are here to bring happiness and hope. There's that word! HOPE!!! It's the key I'm telling you guys! Love you all have an amazing week now! Wahooooo!!

Scripture of the week: "19. It is better to dwell in the wilderness,
than with a contentious and an angry woman. (Proverbs 21)"
LOL

Love, Elder Carter Crismon

P.S.-Ten Wheelers.

Some pictures...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment