Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekly Update 3/21/2016



Dear family and friends. It's Carter.

How are you? I'm Gucci Mayne.

                         Well another wild week is in the books! We did some good stuff this week! We saw some cool miracles and stuff! We taught a ton of lessons again. Just tons. I freaking love it. I've
come to realize it's not the amount of lessons that counts. It's what they mean. They mean that people are coming closer to Jesus Christ. I came to realize that about a year ago. The more people we teach the more love we show for them. It's so nice that the Lord is blessing us with a lot of success. We've seen some cool miracles this week! I'm excited to share them with you this morning! Wahoooo!

                         So first I'll share a miracle that took place here on the blessed Longwood area. So on Wednesday Elder Thornock and I were out diligently working. We were trying to find people to
baptize. Cause that's what we do. So we were finding through LARCing once again. So we knocked on the door of a semi active member. We weren't really sure if they were active. So as it turns out they were active just attending a Spanish branch nearby for the time being. So we talked for a little bit and then asked if they knew anyone that we could teach. She thinks for a sec, and then says hold on. So she walks to the back of the house and gets this girl named Jessica. She's 16. She just started living with them. So we started to teach her and it was amazing! She actually just had a death in her family. And just started to believe again in God. We taught her a great lesson and committed her to read a pamphlet. We returned a couple days later and taught her again. We committed her to baptism. She leaves this week due to spring break! When she returns in two weeks, we are planning on
setting a baptismal date! We are pumped. Another crazy miracle in our area! Wahooooo!!

                        So as I have said before we teach a lot here in our little area. The previous six weeks we've averaged 37.7 lessons per week. Pretty dope, that's nice because when we teach we feel the
spirit. That in turn makes you happy as a missionary! Something though has been alarming me. With all those lessons we weren't seeing as much progression and baptisms that we would hope for. One day though this previous week I was thus studying on the subject! As I studied in my mind was a conversation Elder Johnson and I had. It then hit me that I needed to be more bold. I mean this is the true church, I need to be more confident in extending commitments and testifying! So that's what
I did. And I saw some cool miracles come from it! When I was on an exchange with Elder Harris in Lake Mary south we saw something cool happen. We were teaching a less active member who didn't want anything to do with the church. I boldly testified to her that it was true and invited her with total confidence to pray about and ask God if this church was true. Surprisingly she accepted. It was pretty wild. We both were very surprised! Hahaha Multiple other experiences happened like that through out the week!

                        So funny story time. For this one I wasn't actually present. It was freaking funny though. Hahahaha So we have a sick investigator named Dieter that we put on baptismal date for May 7th. This took place on Thursday while I was in lake Mary on exchanges. So it was at night the last appointment of the day. We had a member with us named Brother Speed, he's such a Holy man. I really don't think he's ever done wrong. LOL. So Elder Thornock and Bakly knock on the door. Then suddenly Dieter flings open the door in his underwear.... Again..... LOL! This time he's holding a frying pan! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA He really thought it was gonna be his sister.
Hahaha poor Brother Speed. Hahaha It was pretty funny. We really thought he'd learn after the first time we met him. But I guess not. Hahaha

                        Well over all it 'twas a good week here in the Longwood area. Can't really complain at all, because it doesn't do anything for yah! Hahaha Really I'm teaching and we are starting to find those that are prepared. I know that God is gonna bless us with them. To all those on missions right now who maybe reading this! Let me declare that the secret to finding is teaching as many people as
possible. Like teaching LARCs, and finding through them! Elder Johnson can attest, LARCs are a gold mine just waiting. We just need to be bold enough to go for it! I know that God the father lives. This is the week of Easter! The most Holy Week in the whole year. As I reflect on what the atonement means for me, I'm more motivated to go and teach and testify of the truthfulness of this message! It's true! And the book is blue! Wahooooo! I hope y'all have a great week back where ever
you are at this time. Shout out to Elder Doman. Also shout out to my boi Egan! #TenWheelers have an amazing week everyone! LOVES!!!!

Love, Elder Crismon
Mission Orlando Florida

#Turn Up


No comments:

Post a Comment