Monday, March 14, 2016

Weekly Update 3/14/16



Dear family and friends.

It's time for my weekly email, again.

                        Well it was another good week here in the Longwood area. We went hard and had some fun! We taught a ton of lessons. Tons. And helped some people come closer to Jesus Christ.
Cause I guess that's what I'm called to do or something like that. :) This week I learned a lot about repentance and how good it feels! Hahaha... not repentance of large transgressions, but of little things.
Little mistakes I make! Like not getting a member to every lesson or not using the scriptures well enough in lessons. I've found that by doing that I can more easily access the atonement and progress
faster! Then I'll be a better missionary, and person. Lord knows I need to be a little better! Well I'll just go into this week and mention some of the highlights. Those include but are not limited to:


                  Well to start off this week I'll start with a somewhat funny story, so on Sunday we were at church. Shocker, I know, but it was a normal day. The speakers who talked gave great talks and I enjoyed them. But against what the norm usually is all three of them together only took about 35 minutes. So we were left there with that awkward extra 5-6 minutes to fill. So what does the bishopric do but call on the missionaries to give on the spot testimonies. Boooooyahhhhh! LOL! Of course it was a pretty full chapel and I was feeling pretty good, I had a sock tie on. So we both went up there confidently and spoke by the power of the Holy Ghost. A wise man once told me if you didn't have time to prepare the spirit will give you the words to speak, so he did. I don't remember much of what I said I just know it's what needed to be said. It was pretty funny. I think I cracked a joke, knowing me I'm pretty sure I did. It feels good to be lead by the Holy Spirit. That leads into my next point.

                     On Saturday Elder Thornock and I had a packed day full of lessons and good stuff! We were pumped and prepared to just go out there and kill it. I was pretty confident that we would. As
studies went on it appeared the Lord had different plans in mind. Appointment after appointment canceled. Soon we were left with only 1set appointment. We looked at each other and said "LFG" or "Let's Freaking Go". We said a prayer, an inspired one, for the Lord to help us fill our now 4 hours before dinner. We had already taught 2 lessons but we had an audacious goal of teaching 10. Well with that quiet prayer in our heart we acted and went to twerk. The Lord lead us to 6 people who were ready to hear the gospel. Three were less active members. We actually knocked on the door of one, whose mother was about to go into the hospital. She was actually a member as well. So we got to give her a blessing before she went in. It was so sick. We went hard and at dinner time we had taught 8 lessons. We were pumped. It was a great day and a testimony to me that he Lord answers prayers. The most repeated commission in the scriptures is to "Ask and ye shall receive" I know that's true!

                     So it's time for another story, a funny one, but a touching one as well. Anyways many of you may or may not know while I was serving with Elder Egan in Daytona we met a young man named Kamal. He is blind, has autism, and is a Muslim. Well he doesn't want to be anymore because he knows the church is true. We met him at a center of the blind. Gave him a blessing and he went on. He called us every day, and when I got transferred to Longwood I thought he'd stop. I was wrong. This young man continues to call me every single day. The conversation goes the same: Kamal "Hey Carterrr" Crismon "Heyyy Kamal, how are you?" Kamal "Greaaatttt, so what's up?" LOL. He's a great kid. I sure do love him. I look forward to his calls every day. I'm pretty sure we will be life long friends. Whether or not I choose to be. LOL. He's already asked me if he could marry my sister (I said no Brianne, no worries) and if when I get married if he can move in with me and my wife so he can get baptized. His parents won't let him get baptized by the way. They will allow him to if he moves out so he always asks me to adopt him. LOL. He's a great kid! Please pray for Kamal. He also calls the Draper temple and puts my name on the prayer roll often. Hahaha.

                      Well that was my week in a nut shell. It's been a good one and I'm grateful the Lord has blessed us with so much success. I really can't take the credit for it, because this is his work and I'm just an instrument. The more and more I think about it the more apparent to me God's love for his children becomes. I know he loves me. He sees fit to bless me with all these great things. One of
my favorite scriptures is 3 Nephi 14:11 "If he then, being evil know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?" That's true, I know it is.  I've asked, and then worked to the best of my abilities to get it. Father in Heaven always blesses me with it. He lives, He's real, I know it. I've felt it, and I've watched it change lives. This week we had the opportunity to go to the temple. It was absolutely amazing. As I sat in the high rooms in that sacred building, a powerful feeling entered into my heart. A feeling that I
was home, and that we are all wandering strangers in a distant land. This is the Lords true church. I know it, and I testify if it with all of my heart. I hope you all have an absolutely amazing week this
coming week! I will be praying for every single one of you. This past week I hit my 18 month mark, it's weird. I've been doing this for a year and a half! Hahaha!! Please pray for me, and I hope you all have an amazing week!

LOVES!!!!!!

Love, Elder Carter Crismon. A duly ordained minister of the Church of
Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.®

P.s.- I testify that hymn #284 "If You Could Hie to Kolob" is true.

 Carter and Elder Thornock playing with SnapChat at a members home- this is their face swap! Haha!
 Beautiful Florida! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment