Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekly Update 2/22/2016



Weekly update.

#WTD

                    Well Mommy, it finally happened, the moment that we've all been waiting for..... ELDER JOHNSON AND I WENT ON AN EXCHANGE SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll cover that when the time comes! Other than that some pretty swell things went down this week. We found out the higher law of missionary work, we found a super duper prepared guy who will be baptized come April, we also saw a lot of cool little miracles throughout the week. In our area in particular I had the best week I've had statistical wise since I began my mission. Particularly due to the fact that Elder Johnson and I just killed it on Saturday. It was a pretty good week and over all I'm pretty happy
with it!

                  So to start I'll tell of a miracle that took place this week. On Thursday Elder Thornock and I were diligently out searching for new investigators. We were seeing some success but nothing really notable. With a prayer in our hearts we pressed on. Being hungry as we both were, we thought lets go get some grub! So we were on our way to get dinner, when I had the thought to hit up a media
referral that we had who requested the Bible. Elder Thorncok felt it right so we went. As we knocked on the door a lady answered and asked who we were looking for and we answered Reginald. Well literally he was sitting there just like waiting for us or something. It was amazing. Turns out he had been talking with sister missionaries online for a month and was really interested. On my exchange with Elder Johnson we committed him to a baptismal date of April 2nd, please pray he makes
it! We know he will! He then went to church on Sunday and even told the ward he loves how the church is structured and wants to join as soon as possible! #MannaFromHeaven Seriously miracles have not stopped happening, that's for sure!

                  So then..... it happened. Elder Carter Crismon and Elder Jaden Johnson reunited for the first time since we both began our missions over 15 months ago. What. A. Day. We went ham in dat paint though! I seriously don't even know where to begin! We stayed up till 2:00 the night before talking about missionary work and what we've learned. Then the day of the exchange we just went off like David Hasslehoff. We literally did every aspect of missionary work except baptize, although we did set a baptismal date, so we'll take it! We found, taught LARCs, taught Gators, saw miracles, and had a crazy experience or two.... LOL! Maybe Johnson will mention it. Seriously though what a sweet experience. Two best friends since fourth grade got to go out with our missionary name tags on and boldly declare the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and when I say boldly I mean Boldly!!! We had such a good time, we even did a little experiment in this area to see if we could "find" in a different more effective way. And it worked #HigherLawOfMissionaryWork. The best part of the day was the very last lesson. We had a little Testimony meeting with some of Johnson's recent Converts. It was so so cool to feel the power there, and to watch my brother testify of the eternal truths of this glorious
gospel. All I know is that Jesus is The Christ, the Eternal God. What a tender mercy and moment it was for both of us. Literally all day. Plus it's just weird to teach with and see your bro all day as a
missionary. LOL. We loved it, it's cool to know that Heavenly Father cares enough about me to allow that to happen. I think it's just a tip of things to come.

                    So funny story of the week actually happened last week that I forgot to mention.... Hahaha so after our Zone Training Meeting we had to make sure everything was in order. Well we had to roll in a piano to the High Council room, where the meeting took place. We had some elders roll it back while we had another meeting with a small group of missionaries. Well afterwords we
were doing some final clean up to make sure everything was Gucci Mayne. And we couldn't find the piano! Here we are two fellars, and a lost piano. Seriously only this guy could manage that. So we start frantically looking around this church, and we can't find it. In my mind I'm like "Are you Freaking Kidding me?! Someone Stole a Piano?" Like I'm not even mad, I'm Impressed! Hahaha!! Anyways, after a couple of long, hard, sweaty minutes of searching. We found that instrument in a random room. This was the literal fulfillment of the saying "If you want something done right, do it yourself." Maybe I didn't give good instructions... that is possible too! ;)

                   Other cool things that took place this week, my email wasn't working on Monday so if you didn't get an email from me I apologize. I swear I sent you one! LOL! Also we found some
other people that could turn out to be solid. We taught just a ridiculous amount of lessons, and really helped some lost souls find peace! That's cool. For another cool thing, here in the coming weeks
Elder Johnson and I will tag team training at zone conference coming here shortly. That will be sick. I'll get another chance to testify along side my best buddy! It'll be 40 minutes long, so that's pretty
nuts.... Hahaha! We have a couple people on date, and we are looking forward into the future here in the Long Wood area. I would ask that you all continue to pray for me as we keep going on this new way of finding, I'm so excited to go out there and teach some people! God will put some people in our paths that are ready to be baptized! So please pray we find them!

                         Well honestly this was probably the best week of my mission. Largely in part to the killer exchange I had with Elder Johnson. Honestly, it was just one of those weeks you can proudly look back upon. It's cool to see how the mission changes you and who you are. I love my mission, with all my heart. For those of you reading this who maybe thinking of serving a mission, please do so! It will bless your life, and your families lives forever. What you learn here is priceless. Something I learned this week is the importance of Hope. "Faith is the substance of things HOPED for, and the evidence of things not seen." (Hebrews 11:1) Hope comes before faith, and in order for us to truly put our faith in someone or something we must place our hope in it first. Especially in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Hope is the prerequisite for the power and action of faith to truly take hold in our lives. I now know that this principle is true. I know that Jesus Christ lives. This is his church and His Prophet President Thomas S Monson stands at the head of it. The Book of Mormon is true, and as we read and pray about it we will come to know the Savior, and have the ability to become like Him. I hope you all have an amazing week this week! LoVeS!!

Love, Elder Carter Crismon

P.S.- CAN'T BEAT IT!!!!!

Pictures of Carter and Elder Johnson from their time together! Priceless!!




No comments:

Post a Comment