Monday, June 20, 2016

Weekly Update 6/20/2016



Gooooooooooddd morning!

Hope everyone is doing well out there in the lands of Utah or wherever you may be located! Hahaha

This has been an eventful week! That's for sure! We've had a lot of fun going to and from appointments and preparing ourselves for next transfer as well as July! Every week it seems like life goes by faster and faster. This week we got transfer Calls on Saturday! We found out that we are both staying here in Eustis! It's gonna be a ride for these last few weeks! I've got at least 6 more weeks here in Eustis. I'm pretty happy about that! It should be a great time! We have baptisms coming and good things happening! I'm also pretty pumped I get to stay a zone leader for the last transfer of my mission. Then for those awkward two weeks at the end who knows! LOL.

So first, a pretty cool miracle that happened this week. On Sunday we were having our awesome super solid investigators coming to church. Damaris, Eli, and their two children were coming to church. I think of all the things that may stress me out the most in missionary work is getting people to church. It freaking sucks! Hahaha. It might be the toughest thing to control, but it's possible. You just have to want it dearly enough! Luckily we've been blessed in this area with investigators who come to church. I haven't had a week with out one there. Anyways, with Eli & Damaris we were super pumped to have them come for the first time. The day of church the stress was high and we
were pumped to have them come. We made the proper calls and had some things lined up. Well we were patiently waiting for them to walk in. As the time reaches the start time we start to get nervous. We already were having a tough day. With only a minute to go we got a text them and they were on their way! They came, and the coolest thing is, they also brought their grandparents! Who speak Spanish! So Elder Dickson who speaks Spanish can teach them! It was such a dope miracle! We were super pumped!! Wahoooo

So on Saturday night we had a tough night. We had some things fall through and we were having a tough time. Right at the pinnacle of our tough night we got a text from our solid investigator named Glen. He ran into some Anti-Mormon Material. He told us that he believed that it was his answer from God. What he neglected to realize is that the promise is that God will answer you by the Holy Spirit. Not by a Video you come across. Besides if it's evil then it's not from God. Anyways. Please pray for Glen. We are a tad worried about him. Hopefully he comes around and will still get baptized. We are planning to stop by this week! It'll all work out!

Here's a weeks spiritual thought. Considering all of the opposition that we faced this week in our efforts I decided to look into opposition a little bit more. I listened to a talk by Elder Dallon H
Oaks of the quorum of the twelve apostles. In that talk he outlines the importance of opposition. Sometimes I find my self asking why can't everything just go a little bit better. I mean with Glen we felt we did everything we could have. Elder Oaks outlines that through our trials God molds us into the people we need to become. It's a nice thought to think God is helping me along. Moreover with out opposition there wouldn't be agency or the ability to choose! Cause without there being an opposition we can't choose to go against it. It was a cool realization that occurred to me. I have never thought of that before. I learned a lot, I have more, but I don't want to bore y'all with that.

Anyways! It's been a great week! I have learned a lot and had tons of fun. This church is true and God has shown me this again and again. I know it and I know that God knows it! The best part about all of this is that because it's true we know that in the end all will be made right, and that one day we will rest from our labors. God still cares ladies and gentleman! Wahooooo! Pretty dope! Anyways! I love all of you and hope you all have great weeks! Hopefully I'll hear from some of you here soon. Loves!

Love, Elder Carter Crismon!



No comments:

Post a Comment