Monday, December 21, 2015

Christmas Week Update!



Weekly up-date....

 Dear family and friends of Elder Crismon,

                      I hope all is well with you this Christmas season! What a wonderful week it has been with lots of cool revelation and miracles. Plus Christmas festivities, and gifts. Most of all I feel close to the Savior and know that this is His season! As for the missionary work side of things Elder Egan and I continue to work our little tails off! We both feel with all our hearts that this is the most effective we've ever been! That's exciting! We also have a baptism coming up this week! How cool is that? The Lord is just blessing us out here in the promised land of Daytona Beach, Florida,
USA 32119. So here we goooooo!!


                    So to start I'll tell of a funny story that happened. So this week we took out with us to teach a young teacher named Devondrick. We call him DD a.k.a. LeBron James. Hahaha He's a
great basketball player and we always give him crap! Well it was his first time out with the missionaries! So we prepared him and told him what was going to happen. He was excited, but nervous. He bore a powerful testimony of prayer, and how it's helped him through life! Anyways, afterwords we were driving through the ghetto of Daytona. And me being the spontaneous funny dude rolled down the window and yelled hey feller! Anyways this kid down the street hears me and thinks we are calling for him! So he starts to run, and we start freaking out cause this kid is running full speed at us in the ghetto! Haha Turns out he was 12 and that he thought we was yelling for him! Ahahahaha all is well....

                    So miracles happen out in the mission field just in case anyone was wondering. So Elder Egan and I on Sunday night were driving to an appointment. We then noticed that we had been driving on a low tank of gas and the light came on. So we're sitting at this light and we were like is it worth it to hit another appointment and have the chance of running out of gas? So we prayed and decided to go! #LFG We then had an absolutely amazing lesson with a less active member. We both felt the spirit very strongly. I felt inspired to talk about temples, which was weird because this guy hadn't been to church in a while, but the spirit was like "YOLO Ninja...." Or something like
that. So I followed faithfully and the lesson was KILLER!!! Wahoooooo!! We built a relationship and we both felt the spirit as well as the less active!

                    So this whole week Elder Egan and I have been having revelation come upon us. We've been studying and diligently seeking how we can improve. The Lord has been richly blessing us with
info for our good. We've seen first hand how we could improve! It's been cool and our companionship studies have been just inspiration stations. There is a quote on my wall that boldly states "Small Daily Improvements are the Key to Staggering Long Term Results." That's the plan and that's what we intend to do! It's been a good time! Elder Egan and I get along really well. It's because we both have a deep and strong desire to do what the Lord wants us to do. So that bonds us
together in a cause. Which in turn unites us and we've since become good friends. Plus we share an abiding love for Christmas. So that's good!

                 Speaking of Christmas our mission had its special Christmas Devotional this previous Friday! It's was loads of fun to see all the bros from different areas. The whole mission shows up for
that one. It's always nice to see my boi Elder Johnson. It's weird because exactly a year ago we were in that spot. We were chilling with our dude Elder brookston Jeppson! #ShoutOut It's weird to think we've made it this far. I only have 8 months left on this sojourn in the wilderness of Florida. What an adventure it's been. I'm not done yet though. Still have plenty of work to do here in the land of the gators and humidity.

                 I would like to wish everyone a very merry Christmas. There's no snow here in Florida so that makes it weird. Enjoy it back there for me. I hope we all can remember the true reason for this
joyous season. The Lord Jesus Christ, we celebrate his birth. We celebrate the gift of victory, of hope, and of peace. With the angels on that first Christmas night I sing "Glory to God the highest, peace
on Earth, and good will to men!!" I'm grateful for my mission and the chance I have to represent Jesus Christ. He's the man. Hahaha I know that he lives and that he has once again established his true church once again on the earth! This is it! I'll be praying for all of you this week! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! WAHOOOOOOO!!!!

Love, Elder Carter Crismon

No comments:

Post a Comment