Monday, June 1, 2015

Weekly Update 6/1/15



Weekly update!

               Ah haaaa!!! Well this was a very good week. It was full of good times, and spiritual experiences, and sadness, and happiness, and excitement, and nervousness. If you can imagine all of those feelings rolled up into a ball then that's just about how I'm feeling at this point!! The reason being is this was the last week of this transfer! Good old week 6!!! Both Elder Hamp and I were expecting Elder Hamp to get transferred, or for us to stay together! Well the Lord had a different plan in mind! I'm getting transferred. I don't know where to! But I'm pretty much freaking out! Haha It actually sucks for me, because this was and is my favorite area so far, along with Elder Hamp being my favorite companion so far! It really sucks for me to have to say goodbye to all the great people I've met in this area. The only thing that runs through my head is the words of the Song, "I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord"! Well pray for me, and my new area! I'm excited though to go and help other people! And meet new awesome members!

              Well enough of that crap, we'll get on to the last week and different funny, and spiritual things that took place! 

              The first thing I'd like to mention is a really funny story that happened to me. So some missionaries that work in an area close to ours were handing off a young man for me and Elder Hamp to teach. This young mans name is Chris! He's a great guy and very nice! Well whenever missionaries do a hand off lesson generally there will be four of us. Depending on the situation the old two may leave, that way the person doesn't feel over whelmed! But this time the four of us and Chris were having fun! Well we were in the garage, and Chris brought out these flimsy plastic chairs for us to sit on. We began and started to go through the discussion. Well about half way through, I leaned back on my chair. Then slowly and comically the chair bent and I fell out da back. Luckily I didn't break the thing, it just bent and I fell out, then it bent back to place! Haha I got up very embarrassed, and looked at the other guys in there, and they all started to crack up..... It was actually very very funny as I look back. But at the time I wanted to curl up in the fetal position and cry..... LOL!

               Well time for a miracle!! So on Friday we do weekly planning. That's the day that we plan everything out for the coming week. Needless to say it takes forever. Like #4hours. So it definitely can be hard. But we were doing good and focusing. We had this investigator that we hadn't heard from in a little while. So we decided to call her. She was way solid, and very interested when we first met her, but since then she had been really busy and we hadn't been able to meet with her! Well we called and got a hold of her! We talked for a little bit, and she was working and doing good! We caught her on her break! Well she then asked what the church address was, and then informed us that she would be attending this coming week. So that stuff just doesn't happen!!!!!! It was freaking sweet! That was the last thing that Elder Hamp and I expected!! She actually told her boss, while she was on the phone with us, not to call her in cause she was going to church!!! Hahaha The best part is that she came! She enjoyed it and now she is gonna be a very solid person to teach in the coming weeks for Elder Hamp and his companion!!

               Well I am really sad to leave this area. It's gonna be a bummer to leave and on Saturday of next week the family that I love is getting baptized. I don't know why but every time that I have someone who is getting baptized, I get transferred the week before it seems like!!! LOL! Hahaha I am still excited for them! I am also excited to go to my next area. It's gonna be a challenge, and fun, and I'm going to meet lots of new people. Another reason I'm very nervous is I got a call from President Berry on Sunday night. Informing me that I have been called to be a district leader in my next area. That's definitely nerve racking. So pray for me there. I love you all very much, and pray for your welfare! I hope your all doing good!! 

                 In closing I'd like to just say a few words! I'd like to declare that I know that work in which I, Elder Johnson, Elder Richards, and 90,000 other missionaries around the world are engaged in is Gods very truth. I know that the Book of Mormon contains the fullness of the everlasting gospel of Jesus Christ. For those of you who have never read it or discredited it, I challenge you to read it and take the challenge of Moroni and to "ask God, the eternal father in the name of Christ if the book is not true" I know he'll answer your prayer. Because he answered mine, and millions of others. I know this church is true, I've seen the fruits of my labors. And the fruits of living the gospel, nothing brings more happiness. Most of all I know that Jesus Christ lives, that he did in reality suffer for me and everyone who has ever lived. I also know that there is no other name given in heaven or earth whereby men can be saved in the kingdom of God. The church is true and the book is blue ladies and gentlemen. I pray that I maybe an instrument in the hands of God to bring about much good. Until next week I bid farewell!!! 

HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!!!!!!!!!!

Love, Elder Crismon 

No comments:

Post a Comment