Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Weekly Update 6/15/15

 Looking good in his Mickey hat!!
A great shot he took of the Orlando Temple!



Weekly update, 

               Well another day in paradise, or another week in paradise. This is seriously the best area in all of the Florida Orlando mission. For a couple of reasons. Mainly just cause it's awesome! We had a great week!! Full of lots of different things, and adventures!! Also lots of learning, and miracles!! I'm excited to share with you guys!!

               So first thing I will share is that Wednesday was my first district meeting. First one ever that I was in charge of conducting and putting together! We do one every week, and the week before was another meeting, so I got a break!! But I was very very stressed about it!!! Like holy cow, I thought I was gonna die. Of course we also had an exchange that day with the zone leaders! Which meant that the zone leaders would be coming to my first one!! So we get there and we get all set up and everyone starts arriving!! Then suddenly the Assistants to the president come..... Like poop. I just about died. I love those guys and I'm good friends with them!! They just stress me out. Especially since they report straight to president about how leaders are doing and help him with transfers. So... poop. I also had to give a training!!  Well everything went well, and the district meeting went great actually, it was good for my first one. And the assistants were impressed with how I conducted myself! Apparently they were saying very good things about me to the zone leaders!!! So that's very exciting!! Wahoooooo at least some body likes me!!!!! 

               Cool miracle that happened this week! So Elder Lavin and I were at the walk again. We were just trying to talk to everyone, and pick up some people to teach! Well they were just not having it! Haha Elder Lavin told me that he had never ever taught someone on the spot at the walk. Just because it's too hard..... Well I kinda took that as a challenge. We were going to teach someone on the spot! Well a couple minutes later this guy named Darian walks by! Well we start talking to him! And bang miracle!! He had been kinda going through a hard time and he was looking for a church and had questions about life. He then told us that one of his best friends from where he was from had just passed away the day before. It was cool cause we answered his prayers. Now we are going back to teach him tomorrow! So that is very exciting!

               Well another cool thing that happened this week! Is we went on exchanges! We went with the zone leaders! Because that's who the district leaders report to and stuff. Well I got to go with Elder Gooch!! And holy crap it was amazing! We had one of the craziest days of my mission!! We were literally running to appointments, because we didn't have enough time! Haha We also almost rolled our car at one point. It was raining, and the car in front of us suddenly slammed on his brakes, and Gooch had to get out of the way. So he swerved to the side, down a hill! We almost rolled, but something keep us on the ground! Then miraculously we were able to drive out of the mud, up a hill, and back onto the road.... it was the coolest day ever. Plus this all transpired on my 9 month mark!! Elder Gooch taught me a lot, and he told me that I was doing great! And that I just needed to keep on working! And keep being an example to my district! 

              Alright time for a funny story! Anhh yes, so on Saturday Elder Lavin and I ventured into the ghetto... We had an appointment with a guy named Robert! Well he was there. And we taught him and his friend Mike! It was actually a really cool lesson! Mike was prepared. But they asked us and told us some funny crap... Haha Well first off when we got there it smelt like weed, and I mean it was like dank. They noticed I smelt it was they asked "what's that smell?" Then they both busted out laughing! Also later on they were asking us about what we do as missionaries! We told them some stuff, and answered their questions! Finally out of the blue one of them asks, if we hang out with girls. We said no, not in the way they are implying! Haha Then one asked if we were virgins..... Hahahaha We both said yes. And they like freaked out!!! They were like "Ya'll must be frustrated!!!!" Hahahaha They couldn't wrap there heads around the idea that we were virgins...... It was hilarious! Then they asked if they had to be a Virginia to join the Mormon church, and we said no! They both were like "goodness, I was just about to kick ya'lls butts out!!" It was crazy!! Haha 

              Well it was another good week. Full of lots of funny times, and miracles and cool people and stuff! The area I'm in had one of the best weeks it's had in about three months, possibly longer. So we are doing work! The district though is not doing so well. All of the other areas are struggling, and I have to find ways to motivate, and inspire them to get it going. I'm excited to do that! It's going to be a great week! I hope ya'll have an absolutely great week as well!!

Love,
Elder Crismon

No comments:

Post a Comment