Sunday, June 14, 2015

Weekly Update 6/8/15


Well it's been another heck of a week. It's actually been one of the most stressful weeks of my mission. But at the same time it's been one of the most exciting and exhilarating weeks of my mission. The new area I'm in is absolutely amazing. It actually has the reputation of being the best area in the Florida Orlando mission. I'm in love with it, and with being a district leader. Although that is super stressful.... Well drum mm rollllllllll.........

My new area is the Bueno Vista YSA ward!!!!!!!!!!!! (YSA= Young Single Adults)

          This is the YSA ward that covers Disney world, and all the people that work there. The best part is that being a YSA missionary you get special permission to do things other missionaries cannot. Examples are.... Playing volleyball on Wednesday with the YSA peeps, going to family home evening with the YSA peeps, we have two sacrament meetings, we can go anywhere in the stake (which is the size of Sandy and Draper put together), we get to go to the College program housing for Disney world and talk to hundreds of people from all over the world!!!! This area is literally the best. We live in a very nice apartment and have a nice car. Literally I've woken up like everyday and pinched myself cause this is the best area. I actually get to hang out with all the Disney characters at church!! (Except they aren't dressed up) which also means I get to meet all the Disney princesses!!!!!! #killinit Another cool thing that I get to do once a week is some service for the temple!!! It's pretty awesome! Then afterword they feed us way good burritos!!!

         Another cool thing is Universal Studios is actually just down the road and last night on the way home from night church we got to see the fireworks. Basically I'm in the middle of all the action around here. As we drive to church we drive past Magic Kingdom in Disney world. Our church is just down the road. The only down side I can see, well it's not really even a down side, is we talk to pretty girls all day. Like it's ridiculous, #lockupyourheart, it’s also very awkward cause I'm not used to talking to pretty girls so this last week has been full of awkward convos.... LOL.... Elder Lavin is my new companion!! He says we just kinda practice flirting, but we use the gospel. It works too!! 

        Well the week has been super stressful because I'm a district leader. Holy cow, they have responsibilities!! Every night I call all the sisters in my district (oh yeah there is no elders in my stewardship, just 6 sisters and me and my comp!) that is nuts.... Every night I have to talk to them and make sure they be doing good!! But I also love it cause I really get to know them!! At the end of the week I have to get all their numbers and report them to the zone leaders, then the next morning I account with them on their efforts! I encourage them to do better, and help them know how to do better!! Then I account with the zone leaders about my district and how they are doing!!! The other thing I do is plan district meeting once a week!!! I guess I'm just learning how to be responsible, it's about time, Mommy you'd be proud!

        It's just been a crazy week, full of good times!! Elder Lavin is my new companion!! He's from San Diego, California!! He's a great guy!! And he's been out 1 month and a half longer then I have!!! We are already having a blast round here!!! Hahaha I've met some cool people!!! 

        Funny story time.... First day in the area Elder Lavin takes me to "the walk". This place is famous in the mission. It's right by Disney and it’s where all the young people who work at Disney live who are from out of the country and state. The reason it's "the walk" is cause they are walking to their job, or to the store, and often don't have time to talk! Or want to talk! Well there is a lot of pretty girls! Haha So first day and there is this girl coming along! Elder Lavin is like you've got this! So I go for it, and well I blew it. I kept like choking on words, and when I asked for her number she gave me this strange look (actually it's the look most girls give me when I ask for their number...) Hahahaha but it was funny!!! Then a little later on, I was talking to these Indian girls, and they kept getting up in my grill and stuff. It was awkward, Elder Lavin said they had a crush on me... #nahhhhh

          Well I'm in good hands, and in a good area. I love it already. I'm super excited to see what this next transfer has in store. We had ZTM this last week, and I gave a short training. The zone leaders said it was great, and that they are excited for me to lead this district. I'm grateful for the chance and excited as well. I pray that the Lord will help me to lead them in the right direction! They are struggling, but I think that's why I was sent here. Just need to get them motivated and ready to work. Most importantly though I need them to believe! As Christ said "all things are possible into them that believe" so now we are gonna apply that in this area of HIS vineyard. Love you all very very much! Thank you for all the support!! I hope you all have an amazing week!!!

Love, Elder Crismon

No comments:

Post a Comment