Thursday, April 23, 2015

Weekly Update 4/20/15



WeekLy uPdaTe......... 

           Whuttt is up y'all!! It has been a good week! I must thank all of you who sent me a birthday wish the day of, and the day before! You really did make my day!! I'm very grateful for all of you!! Also all of you that sent me packages! Goodness made me so happy!! Tuesday or the day of my birthday was lots of fun! Nothing too crazy happened! We went to lunch with Elder Bravo and his companion Elder Perkins because it was Bravos birthday as well!! We then went and visited some people! We didn't have a dinner or anything. But it was still a pretty good day! It was funny because honestly it doesn't, or it didn't, feel like my birthday! Haha but I still had a good day! I don't feel 19 yet, matter of fact I still feel 12.... LoL

          On Thursday I went on exchanges with Elder Bravo! That was lots of fun! He and his companion work in the YSA wards. Which is the young single adults between 18-30. So that was solo fun! We taught and met some really awesome people! We had breakfast that morning prepared by a couple of college students who work for Disney, they are chefs in one of the really nice restaurants in Disney world. It was soooo good, they made breakfast sandwiches! Freaking awesome! Then later on we went to Chilis! That was pretty good! Elder Bravo and I had a lot of fun! He's a good missionary! There was also a awesome thunderstorm. I love thunderstorms! There were a couple this week! Like almost one every day! We have a cool weather app, so I love watching the weather patterns! I guess during the summer it rains everyday like clockwork! It just gets so hot, and since the ocean is right there, storms just appear everyday! But any who! I had a good birthday!

            The rest of the week wasn't to eventful. On Wednesday we had district meeting! That was lots of fun! I gave another training on extending commitments. Which I was very grateful for the opportunity to give! I learned a lot! And the zone leaders said it was a good training! That's good! Also all of the missionaries in our little area have been playing this game called what are the odds? Basically one missionary asks the other what are the odds that you.... And challenges him to do something! The other missionary says the odds are 1 out of 5. Then on the count of three both missionaries say a number between 1 and 5. If they say the same number, then the missionary who was challenged has to do it. If they guess the wrong number then nothing happens. Well I got challenged to drink two tablespoons of hot sauce. Well I lost. So on Wednesday after district meeting I had to drink some..... Elder Radigan, the man who challenged me to do it, got the hottest sauce at this burrito place.... Any ways it was made with some super hottttttt peppers. Like goodness! It claimed to have been made with the hottest pepper in the world.... I died. Holy cow my mouth was on fire! The stuff smelt hot. Gooodddddnnnnnessss hahaha I'll send some pics soon.

           Our baptism for Saturday was canceled. We are actually thinking we are gonna have to drop her. We don't know what happened, but she just doesn't feel like getting baptized. She knows that the Book of Mormon is true, and that the church is true. She just doesn't want to get baptized. It's really sad, and me and Elder Hamp are just confused. We honestly don't know where to go! She's been going to another church, but she hasn't gone in a while. That's probably it. But we just don't know what to do. It sucks. oh well!!

            Well Sunday was a good day!! Guess whattttt????????????? I gave a freaking talk! Hahahahaha how about that! The first talk I've given in my mission! I had to talk about prophets.  Holy guacamole was I nervous! Hahahah it's pretty nerve racking to speak. Because well, it just is! I was notified about two days prior. So I did my best to prepare! I was literally almost shaking before hand. I was praying so hard that the Lord would send his spirit to "give me utterance" as the scriptures say! I just chose to have faith in the Lord! Literally taking a leap of faith. Well it worked!! I spoke for 15 minutes, and I really don't remember a thing that I said. I probably couldn't do it again either! It was absolutely nuts! Like goodness! Everyone said it was really well done! And the member of the bishopric who asked me to speak thanked me for it, and said it was very well done! Hahahahaha WHAT A RELIEF!!!!!!!!!! You see the Lord does answer prayers! 

            It's been a good week over all, this was the last week of the transfer! On Saturday we got a call from the zone leaders. And well both of us are staying!! Yay!! One more transfer with Elder Hamp!! I'm freaking excited!! We had a great talk on Sunday. We are really kinda bonding! So that's pretty awesome! Hahaha well I'm very very thankful for all of you who have emailed me and written me!! It means so much! Every letter, and email truly helps me get through those tough days. I'm gonna be doing my best to write you all!! Thank you so much!! I hope you all have an amazing week!! I'll keep praying for you all!!

             Op! Almost forgot to mention, that on my birthday Elder Hamp gave me the funniest present! Well first he gave me this book he doesn't read called "the little missionaries book of answers" basically whenever someone reads Anti-Mormon material that book has an answer for it! I love it! But he had these popper things too. Yano those ones with the string, and you pull it and it pops and confetti flies everywhere! Hahah Well he had like 20 of those things for some reason! And he popped one every hour of the day on my bday! Hahahahaha every time it scared the crap outta me! Hahaha it was pretty freaking hilarious!!! Any who! That's all have a good week!! 

Elder Crismon

No comments:

Post a Comment