Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Email home February 9th




Well it's back! Here's what I did this week! Hope y'all enjoy this! I went hard! If any of you guys have questions please email. And also email me! I will respond! Hahaha love you guys!! 
The weekly Update......

Monday 2/2/15~today was a good day! So first thing we did is we went and got haircuts! I needed one, I was getting nappy....... Hahaha so now I'm not so nappy! So that's good I guess!! Then after that we went and emailed and stuff! It was really funny, on the way there. Elder Davis was driving, and I was chillin there in the front seat! Well we pulled out into the far right lane, and this girl behind us was goin real fast. So she had to slow down! Then elder Davis changed lanes, but realized he was in a turn lane, and had to change back! Well this crazy lady almost hit us and went around us! Then cut us off! Then she stepped out of her car and started to yell all sorts of bad things. Hahaha I think she thought we were a soccer mom cause we were in a van! But when she realized that we were six grown men in one car she decided to get back in the car and continue on..... Hahaha after that we emailed played some bball and went shopping! Then while me and elder Willard were cleaning up and preparing for an exchange a guy named Luke called us! I guess elder Willard and his old comp met him 9 weeks ago! He wanted us to come by! So we did and we taught him a little, and challenged him to read a chapter in the Book of Mormon! After that we went and started an exchange! So Elder Coon, the new guy, came with me! And Elder Willard went with the district leader Elder Davis! Elder Coon is a great guy! We talked about some sick stuff! I'll tell yah more in the next day! Remember "people die in bed, so does ambition." 

Tuesday 2/3/15~today was AWESOME!!!!!! Like holy cow! Me and Elder Coon went hard as crap! First off Elder Coon is awesome! We are very much alike. Except he BMX's and I played football! But other than that we are a lot alike! So we got along really well! And that's hugely important! So our unity was great! But we taught 5 lessons. Never up to this point in my mission have I taught 5 lessons in one day! First we taught Dan! He's a big football guy, and a southern baptist! He's been married to a Mormon for a while now! So he's starting to read the BOM and we challenged him to pray about it! Then after we taught brother "M"! He's a less active, but really wants to come back! He committed to come Sunday! Also as we taught I asked a KILLER question! I asked him "If the almighty creator of this expansive universe is our Heavenly Father, what does that mean for us?" It just brought the spirit SOOO hard! And then Elder Coon brought out some great scriptures! Just crazy! Then after we went and visited Sis "F"! She wasn't there though, so we talked with Kathy and taught her a little! Then after we taught another less active Sis "S". She's a very nice person, but kinda weird! Haha she's one of those lonely cat ladies.... My very fav! Hahahaha she always just tells us way to much, and likes to one up us since we're 50 years younger.... Hahah but it was good! Haha then we had dinner, made some good ol fashion chicken and rice.... Classy crap! Then we stopped by Barbra and met her son who just got outta jail! He's so great! He's one of those guys who you can tell really changed in there. He read the bible every day in jail, and he's interested in learning about our religion! So I'm pumped! Today was crazy! I felt the Lord use me and elder coon as instruments in His hands! I love this work, and I love the opportunity that it is to help, and touch the lives of others! 

Wednesday 2/4/15~ so today was a good day! A little weird but good! We did our usual studies! Then we went over to good ol Sis "F"! We went to see how she was doing! She was a little sick, but she's Doing good! Jack one of her roommates was there watching "keeping up with the kardashions" it was so weird to see that show! So then we did some IP or Internet proselyting.... Basically I post stuff on Facebook about Jesus! Which is cool! Then my companion had a conference call to get a Facebook! Then I fell asleep! Hahaha that was cra cra! So after that whole ordeal we went and saw a couple of less actives! That was cool! Then we had dinner with a very nice family the Jensen's! They were very quiet, so it was totally awkward.... Hahaha so after That! We taught that guy named Luke again from Monday's! The dude has some great questions! The whole time we were teaching he was smoking and using and E-cig. Haha which is ironic because we teach not to do that! But he don't know that yet! Haha then we went home!! Good day! Turtles 

The Wednesday question... What do you want to be when you grow up??

Thursday 2/5/15~ Thursday was a good day! To kick it off we had ZTM! Which stands for zone training meeting! In a mission it's very structured. The mission is separated into zones, and the zones are then separated into districts. Then the districts into areas! There are two missionaries in an area, about 8 in a district, and about 30 In a zone! There are district leaders(DL), zone leaders(ZL), and assistants to the President(AP). The AP's help the mission president, and have authority over the whole mission! They are great guys! Everyone always jokes that'll I'll be one, idk why cause I'm freakin weird. Well a ZTM is when a zone gets together to learn and stuff! Well I gave a 7 minute spiritual thought to kick it off! President was there so that made it a little nerve racking! But apparently I killed it! So I was pumped about that! The Zone leaders said It was powerful! The scripture I used was Romans 8:37-39. It's awesome! Very deep, and it shows the love of our Heavenly Father! It goes great with John 3:16. Then after that we went to chipotle, and I elder with Elder Jaden Johnson! So that was cool! I would've taken a picture, but me camera is broken! So yeah, poop. Anywho after that we went home, and did some teaching! We taught bro Johnson, and we helped him clean his house! Cause it got broken into, we live in the white ghetto. Like he's pretty sure it was the kids next door, Hahahahahaha. Then we got a list of peeps to go see! After that we had a hand off lesson with Luke and some missionaries in the next area Down! So it was a good day! We went hard. Taught some lessons and had a great time! This church is true! And the book is blue! If any of you have questions please email me and ask! They can be about anything, from the gospel to what I ate for breakfast, besides I enjoy emails!

Friday 2/6/15~ today was good! We had a long one though! Today was weekly planning A! Which is when we plan for the next week! It's about a 4 hour time period in which we go through everyone we teach and prayerfully plan what we need to teach them! It is long and grueling! But we did it! So yeah buddy! Hahaha we did our normal studies first! Then we went to IP! And did our stuff there! The. I made some killer chicken, veggies, and rice! I went Asian in the kitchen for a sec There! Then we did the weekly planning! Then good ol Rob came and got us! He's a crazy man! He's been through a lot! He used to deal maryjane, and do some crazy crap! But he's come back, and gotten through that! But he's a great member! So we went to meet this less active family, and BANG miracle! I guess they had been thinking about coming back, and their oldest kid hasn't been baptized! So we were an answer to their prayers! Then we stopped by Barbra and her son who just got out of prison! He's interested and wants us to teach him! Him and Rob got along great! They are very much a like! Any who, after we had a great dinner with bro. Domino! He's this super sick black guy! He's like 75, he used to be the bishop, but now he's a sealer in the temple! His wife had a stroke a while ago, and she is now physically impaired! It's sad, but he's got so much faith it's nuts! It was kinda awkward because literally it was quiet the entire time we ate, Hahahahahaha! We all must have been hungry, because we just be chowin! Hahaha then we shared a great mormon message, "men's hearts shall fail them" it's great one check it out! Then we didn't do to much after That! So yeah good day! Great quote "if what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today." Lou Holtz  #bang 

Saturday 2/7/15~ well today was killer! We had a great day! We started off with the normal studies! Then during companionship study we got a call from a member! She wanted us to give her baby a blessing! So we went over there, and it kinda turned into us giving the whole family a blessing! Hahaha all 7 kids and the parents! It was really cool actually! Then after we did our IP and stuff! Haha then we had lunch, and meet Rob and the other Elders! We were gonna do some service for a member, but she wasn't there! Then after that we did some random stuff, and then we went and tought the family that Rob introduced us to the day before! We had a KILLER lesson! It was great! The spirit of the Lord was so strong and they were hanging on every word! It was awesome! I love with all my heart being a missionary, I wouldn't trade it for anything in this world. You could see how the spirit touched this family! It was so amazing! Then after we were all hyped, and had some dinner! Got another Letter from Carter Miller, freaking love that guy! He just seems to know what to say to me when I need it!! After that we went and met with Jason! And he's getting. Baptized a week from today!!! So crazy! I'm so excited! After that we helped good ol Robbie boy clean the church! Hahaha thought I was done with that for two years! Hahah oh well! What a great day! And we hit 20 lessons for the week! Which is the mission standard of excellence! So HECK YEAH!! #goingtowork #FOM #ThisChurchIsTrue

Sunday 2/8/15~ we had a good Sunday! We did our normal routine, in the morning! Which consists of showering, studying for an hour, and studying with our comp for an hour! Then we waited for a little to get a ride to church! We got one! Then we went to ward council! Which basically is just the leadership of the local congregation. We tell them what we did the last week! Then we just have church! Love church! After we went to the Johnson's! They are going back to Utah! Good for them the promise land! Man I love Utah! After going outta state, I just realize how great it is there! I freakin Miss the mountains! Like goodness! Then after that we went to sister Derosa's! There was a rocket launch, and she lives on the river front and has a great view of its take off! But they scrubbed it! So we just taught her a lesson about the temple and how great it is! We had a great freakin week! We taught 22 lessons! That is great! We had some of the best numbers in the mission for the week!! So pumped about that! Well I like turtles! And I have no idea what the crap I wanna be when I grow up! I'm thinking a coach! Lol.  Have fun back home everyone! #ifreakinliketurtles #donkeybrolic 

No comments:

Post a Comment