Monday, August 8, 2016

August 8, 2016 update! Only 9 days left!!!!



The second to last email home....

Tuff week but good at the same time....

Well honestly this week has been one of the toughest of my mission. Lots of let downs and high points. Talk about a week that will humble you. It was good and it's such a tender mercy to have my best friend Elder Egan here with me. He's such a dawg, and we've had a killer time. The trio we are in has multiple nicknames: Swag Presidency, swaggernauts, the Big Three, Dream Trio, And Turn Up Trio. It's been a blast and now I'll go into the nitty gritty details of the week.

First a dope miracle. Last Tuesday we recovered a referral from our bishop. We were pretty freaking excited about that. So we contacted him and set up a return appointment. We went over with our young men's president. We had a killer lesson with him. His son is already a member and we were excited to see his family. The lesson went great and we actually saw him three times this week. He has progressed well and it's exciting to see that come from a referral from the bishop. It goes to show that member work is obviously the best way to do things, that's for sure. The dopest part is we are putting him on date this coming week.

Alright time for a funny story. So we were driving home from some appointments and it was late at night. We were yelling out the window and doing all sorts of crazy things. We were having a great time and life is good. I have a great yelling voice, or at least that's what I'm told. LOL. We turned down a street en route to our humble abode. There we saw a man heading to his car. Keep in mind that it's like 9:15 @ night. So this dude is heading to his car and I decide to yell at him. Hahahaha I yell "HEY" and this guy jumps out of his shoes and gets super scared! Hahahaha I scared the crap outta him. LOL. He immediately yelled back "Hey!" Hahaha It was so funny. He didn't know what to think. We drove off into the night and laughed all the way home.


The weeks been tough for a couple of reasons. It tough to finish strong when literally everything about these last couple days points to me going home! Hahaha I'm doing it, so no worries. I'm loving it here. The tough part was being kicked out of MLC this week. They didn't want me to go for whatever weird reasons. Which I don't understand completely. It sucked, and I had a hard time on my exchange in Minneola. I did my best, but it was tough. When Egan and Dickson left me it blew. There goes my bros to meet with all my friends in the Mish. So that blew. I was depressed that day for sure. Anyways luckily God helped. There's a scripture that I love in 3 Nephi 9:13. Christ says to "Repent of your sins and come unto him that He may Heal you" I love that phrase. Heal you, that's exactly what Christ does, he heals us and is always there when we need him the most.

This is my second to last email. #NotTrunky I love this work. This week has been tough, but God has provided tender mercies for me. Friday night we received a call from a less active member. He needed help, and we were able to meet with him and have a killer spiritual lesson. He told us of the issues he'd been having and the stress it's caused him. He was so sincere in his desire to change and it inspired me. We read him a scripture out of Alma 36. Where Alma describes to his son the pain he felt while being struck dumb. He then describes the sweet joy he felt from being forgiven. That's been the week for me is the love of Christ. Even though I've felt betrayed and depressed this week in many ways, I've felt his love for me every step of the way. He's always there. Also we took dope hipster pics at this huge mansion. So I'll send tons bros. please enjoy!

Well that's my week in a nut shell. I love this work so much. It is true and I know it with every fiber of my being. Even though this kinda sucks and I feel like I'm not much of anything anymore Gods
there and he cares. I've got 9 days left to make a difference and I'm doing it. God loved us enough to send his only begotten son to this earth. He suffered and atoned for the sins of all mankind. This
knowledge gives me hope of a brighter tomorrow. I hope that one day I can really be perfect and that all will be made right in the end. Hope is what this world needs and I'm doing my best to bring it to others. That's the message of this gospel and that's the message that we missionaries bear to the world. I'm grateful for the chance I have to be with Elder Egan again. That's the best part about all of this. I hope all is well with everyone back home! I guess I'll be seeing you here soon. Honestly I wish I could stay longer and work harder, but it has to end. Hopefully I hear from some of you here soon! Enjoy the week shavers!

Loves, Elder Carter Crismon







No comments:

Post a Comment