Tuesday, August 30, 2016

August 16, 2016

Elder Johnson's comments on Carter leaving tomorrow:

"Shout out to my best friend Elder Crismon! He is heading out on
Wednesday morning, and I am so happy that I get the chance to be the
one that sends him home to his family. That man is a testimony to me
of the atonement. The atonement is so powerful and changes us from the
inside out. As Elder Crismon experienced the atonement within, now it
just radiates from him. He is truly converted and ready to go home and
make a difference in the world. Just like in football he will always
be paving the way! Loves brother! See you tomorrow for departure
testimonies!"

Carter's departing testimony:

"Two years ago in February, I sat across the desk from my Bishop and he read a scripture to me Ether chapter 12:27. If men come unto me, I will show unto them their weakness, I give unto men weakness that they may be humble, for all men that humble themselves before me and have faith in me, I will make things become become strong unto them. I remember him telling me that you have a long way to go, but if you want to serve a mission, you can do it. I know he was right. I can't explain in my own words adequately enough about what happened to me on my mission. All I know is Jesus is the Christ. He is real. He has to be. He has been with me every step of the way. There have been times on my mission that I was brought to my knees and pleaded to God for help, because I felt inadequate and I felt like I could not do it and in all honesty, I could not. Because Christ suffered in the Garden of Gethsemane, died on the cross, and rose the third day, I was able to do it. I will never forget this mission experience as long as I live and forever. Never will I forget. Because of this experience, I am converted 100%. It is the small things that I did throughout my mission that really changed me and my favorite part of this is I can stand before you and say that I did everything I could, I used my time wisely, I tried to get people to come to lessons, I tried to find as many people as I could. I heard a lot on my mission that you need to find that one person, that is not true, there are many people you can find. The scriptures say in D&C 18, if you bring one soul unto me, that one soul is your soul. I am so happy that I can say that I brought my soul unto Christ and said here I am I will go where you want me to go.

My journey is not done it is just beginning, it is kind of like the MTC for life and so I am grateful that I get the opportunity to grow more, it is a new journey, but with Christ, we can do anything. Jesus Christ is real, Heavenly Father is real. He sits somewhere in the heavens and watches us and cares for us just like our parents do back home, but more so because He is perfect. I know this church is true. Joseph Smith saw God the Father and Jesus Christ. He restored this church. He admitted he was not perfect, but it is through mans imperfections that Gods perfections get shown. That was the case with me throughout my mission. In the future, if any of you ever have a tough time with your testimony, I invite you to lean on mine. We are going to be friends forever and one day we will be in heaven at a giant missionary party! Alma, Amulek and Peter and all those guys will be there too. But it is my prayer that we will all be there one day and I can say that I did the best I could and Heavenly father can say well done thou good and faithful servant you have been faithful over a few things and I will make you ruler over many things. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

A few departing pictures...



 Last visit to Orlando Temple
 Elder Carter Crismon's funeral..... Hahaha!



No comments:

Post a Comment