Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Weekly Update 4/18/2016



Dear family and friends!

How the heck are yah?!

I'm doing pretty swell here in the classy country of Eustis. It's been a great week! A really good one, full of revelation and good times. It included a birthday, three exchanges, new investigators, cool
miracles, and tons of tons of hope! I'm very happy with how this week turned out and I'm looking forward to this next week. It seems that every week God blesses me with a lot of cool tender mercies. God is good people! It's true! Well I'll hop into the week and share some cool things that have made the week good.

So to start this week God allowed me to work on my hope. Saturday I went on an exchange with Elder Anderson from Belleview ward. It was my first time taking over the area. So it was a tad stressful, but it started with a killer study. I was full of hope and faith and I just knew God would take care of me. And He did. The day was looking alright, we only had two set appointments, but we went off! We ended up teaching 10 lessons and had some MPs. God just put people in our path to teach. It was a really cool faith building experience. It was also good to have the young missionary who was with me to see how that can happen. At the end of the day during the long 50 minute drive home we
had a good conversation with a member about deep theology! Hahah just a good way to end the day.

So as some of you may know my birthday was this past Thursday! It was a great day for me. It was a special day because I went back to my old area, my first area actually. With Elder Johnson. It was such a cool day, and one that was definitely needed. Everywhere we went we talked and Jammed out. It's such a blessing that Elder Johnson and I are on the same mission. It's pretty dope. We taught a ton of people! Which was freaking dope. We also talked a lot about how we can improve as leaders in the mission. Trust seems to be the Key. One of my favorite quotes from a movie called "Remember the Titans" is as follows "Attitude reflects Leadership" there's been a tad of an attitude problem here. So we are in he process of fixing it! It was a great birthday for me and I learned a lot from my best bud Elder Johnson. It was also cool to teach some of my close friends from my first area. We took some cool pics and had just a great time. Elder Johnson and I talked about how it's just funny that we are in these positions. Back in high school, two years ago... In government class we talked about going to the same mission and being leaders. So it's funny it came to pass. Yeah buddy.

Another cool tender mercy that happened to me this week was on Friday. Some days before my birthday I prayed that God would bless me with a special tender mercy for my birthday. Well it came the next day. With me loosing so much weight my shirts don't really fit all that well anymore. They are huge. So I was in need of some new shirts. Well we were at the house of our favorite members GM and Nana. I mentioned to him that I needed to know where I could go to buy some new shirts. He then asked what size I was. I told him I wasn't sure anymore! Haha! So we went into the other room and he pulled out these really nice Nordstrom shirts. That are wrinkle free! Which is what I loved. He found them in our house somewhere the other day. (He takes care of our house BTW) well I tried them on! They fit perfectly! Wahoooo! It was dope. Then as I was thinking and the spirit hit me really hard and the prompting was "This is your gift you requested" it was soooo soooo cool to me that God cares enough to answer a prayer like that! What a huge blessing to me. God does care, and my faith was strengthened. I had a bishop once that said God cares enough to give us blessings like that cause he knows it'll make us happy. Such a cool thing! So that was dope.

Funny story of the week time...... So we had a good week as you tell thus far. The funny story is this, so on Monday night we went on exchanges with the Summerville elders and it was a great exchange. But the night of Monday something funny happened. So I went to sumpter hills out in the Boonie's. It's a hour and 15 minute drive. Right when we got there I realized that I had the phone for Eustis..... It was pretty bad. So my poor comp had no phone in our area and had to just wing it the entire day! Hahaha poor feller! I felt pretty bad....

Anyways! Thank you all for the birthday wishes. It really meant a lot to know there are people out there who know! Hahah Shout out especially to Elder Johnson for that great exchange on the day of. What a great way to end it. Today marks the 4 months that I have left till I board a plane and return home. I am not totally looking forward to that day. It's like each day that approaches I fall more and more in love with the mission. This work is true! I know it, and I know that God lives. He's watching over us, and taking care of us. This week was just proof for me, and that's for sure. With all the good that happened this week it felt nice. My birthday was just the icing on the cake! And again thank you for all the wishes and the cards! It truly does make my day! I really do love and miss you all! I guess I'll see you sometime in the summer. That will be weird. This church is true, and God lives. There is no doubt in my mind of these eternal truths. The gospel makes sense and for those who've never truly looked into it, try it. You'll like what you see and that's a promise! Have an amazing week ladies
and gentlemen!

Love, Elder Crismon!

Carter & Jaden on exchanges
 Classy country- as Carter calls it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment