Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Weekly Update 1/25/16



To whom it may concern....

Well what a week! It was one for the books. That's for sure! Lots of cool miracles this week which I'm pretty excited about! Also some freaking funny times too! Just a great week all around. I'm excited to let you guys know about it. I'll just outline a few of the highlights and some things that got me all excited about this week! So buckle up little Fellers! Wahooooooooo!

So to start this week was chalked full of meetings and stuff! On Tuesday we had interviews with the mission president. That was lots of fun! My interview went great. I love and sustain President Berry! He's the man, then the meeting afterwords was fun as well! Got to chill with the Assistants for bit, which I mean was an honor, considering they are just the busiest guys around! Hahaha!! Then after that, on the next day, we had a world Missionary Training. Pretty crazy! We were instructed by 3 apostles, a presiding bishop, and others! It was an amazing experience. Before that as well we had a zone meeting. Where our Stake President, President Holladay, was present and helped me instruct our zone. It was awesome! It was nice to have his backing, at one point he said that he knew Elder Honda and I were inspired! That felt nice, cause sometimes I have no idea what I'm doing! The meeting
went well, and we look forward to seeing major success in the Lake Mary Zone!

So some miracles....

On Wednesday after the world wide missionary training. I went on an exchange with Elder Hill in Sanford... Aka the place where Trevon Martin got shot... Anyways! It was freaking killer. That area had been struggling for a little while, and boy we did some twerk! In only 3 hours we taught 6 lessons and found 5 new investigators. Which is just stellar. Especially since they hadn't found really any new
investigators the past 4 weeks. The Lord blessed us with his spirit and we just went hard in the paint. We ended the day with 8 lessons, and I left that area with a renewed sense of commitment to just go
hard! It was cool because we both committed to just work our hardest. Elder Hill is a new district leader, and it was good for me and him to work along side of each other. It was lots of fun, and cool to see his reaction to all of the success!

Then on Sunday another amazing miracle. So Elder Honda and I are just in the crazy finding phase. Because all of our investigators got baptized, which isn't a bad problem to have! Haha!! But anyways we've found a lot of people, but none that we were totally jazzed about! So in the morning during our ward council this guy knocks on the door. His name is Sonny! He was wondering if he could have a tour. So Elder Honda and I immediately jumped on the situation. This guy had woken up at 6:30, watched the sunrise. Then felt impressed to walk over to our church and walk in. He then loved all of the pictures of Jesus Christ, and had questions. He found our meeting and knocked on the door. So we took him on a tour, and he was just super solid, he is the man! He stayed for church, and committed to be baptized. Probably the craziest thing of my life.... Hahaha We're meeting with him again on Tuesday. We're pretty pumped!

Then the funny story.....

So this guy Sonny is one of those evangelical Christians. So he loves to pray with people and help others. He's looking for the right church for him though. So we were standing outside with him before church. He was calling his friend. Then one of our members walked up, she had been a member for a long time. And she was walking with a injured leg. Well sonny being the good man he is asked if he could pray for her right there. She apprehensively agreed. He then got on his knee and
put his hand on her leg and started to pretty much yell and pray! Hahaha!! He also at one point spoke in tongues! Hahahahaha!! It only lasted for about 7 seconds but afterwords I was so astonished I didn't know what to say! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I remember just cracking up! Luckily he's really interested, and a good man. I love him already, and I'm excited to start teaching him!

Well there is a couple of highlights from my week. It was a really good one. We saw lots of miracles and we saw our zone take steps forward. During the world wide training they made it a point to tell
us that as missionaries we always need to be testifying of the Savior Jesus Christ! I agree. As I've gone through this week I've felt His grace, love, and mercy. I know He lives, and that He stands at the
head of this church and that He guides this work. I know He's calling the elect from all ends of the earth, and that the only true and lasting peace can be found here. A hymn comes to mind, "Israel Israel, God is calling" I testify that He is calling, and that I'm one who's been duly ordained and set apart to help those to come back and get home safely. I know this work is the work of the almighty God. I'm grateful for the chance I have to be a part of it! I will be praying for all of you! I wish you all the best of luck and a great week! Wahooooooo! Quote of the week! "Confucius say man standing on toilet is high on pot...." LOL! Have a great week!!!

Loves!!

Elder Carter S. Crismon
FOM





                                                This email was brought to
                                You by Elder Carter Crismon, a Duly ordained
                                      Minister of the Church of Jesus Christ
                                                   Of Latter Day Saints®

No comments:

Post a Comment